Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Two Baptisms and a Wedding all in one Week

So this week has been CRAZY!! We have been bouncing around from one thing to the next. But honestly when are we not? Haha Victor and Monica both got baptized this week on Saturday! Yeah yeah yeah!! They were both back to back too so we were at the church pretty much all night Saturday. Then yesterday Dria and Drew got married and they asked me to say the prayer! haha Sister Morris kept telling me I gotta be so honored because I got to take part in the wedding! So apparently I'm real important(; But it was the coolest thing the be able to see Dria and Drew grow so much in such a short time that I have seen them. And Victor is probably the most ready person I have ever met. He bore his testimony last fast and testimony Sunday and man it was so powerful! I truly know how much he has been prepared for this gospel. Monica, oh so much could be said about Monica. From the first time I met her she has had the most incredible faith and she has only grown sense. I have been so lucky to have been able to see all of these people come so much closer to their Heavenly Father in the short amount of time that I have known them. They truly have helped me to be a better person and they've strengthened my faith. 

This week I wanted to talk about the people Heavenly Father places in our path. I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with our Sister training leaders again this week and guess what? Yup I had to go to the Spanish area haha so I had an awesome experience of being able to just listen to the spirit all day. Something that i realized while I was sitting in one of the lessons was that I truly have been so blessed. Especially with the people that have been placed in my life. There have been so many people that have played such a huge role in my life. I was thinking about one person in particular when I was sitting in that lesson. That person is my mom and how because of her I wouldn't be the person I am today. She has taught me about the gospel from day one. She has listened to the spirit and helped me when I needed to the most even without me telling her that I needed something. And something else that because of her has changed me was that she made me go to American Heritage. Haha so that sounds really bad but when I first heard about it I didn't want to go. I thought it was actually kinda dumb but my mom being the loving mom that she is felt that it was going to change me for the better and that I really needed to go. So I did and because of that. Because of her following a prompting I learned so much. I have grown so much in the gospel and my testimony. And I know that without her I wouldn't be anywhere near the person I am today.

I know that Heavenly Father knows each of us and what we need and who we need in our life to best influence us to become the people that He needs us to be. The people that can live with Him for all Eternity in the Celestial Kingdom. Find the good in your everyday life. Notice the little things Heavenly Father does for you daily and I promise you'll lead a happier life. Wow I love how much He truly knows each of us. I love this gospel with everything that I am and I am eternally grateful for the person I have become because of my sweet mom and because of this gospel. 

Hope you have the best day ever! Sorry this is super short but I didn't really have any time. (I swear I say that every week buuuuuut hey it's true! haha and once again if it makes zeros sense sorry...)

FUN FACTS:
A dog tried to eat us through the window.

We tell funny jokes or have mini dance offs when people don't answer the door


Baptisms are FUN!






Matching is FUN!    



Weddings are FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment