Hi Sister Wade, I am Shelle Bird (Webb) We had your daughter and her comp over for dinner tonight. She's doing a great job. We thought we would text you a picture. The Birds
The Webb family has lived here in Bluffdale for many years. Before we moved to Bluffdale, they were here. Their daughter has now gotten married and moved to Las Cruses, NM. They have taken care of Kelsey many times! The Webb family has gone to visit Kelsey and is going a second time this weekend. So lucky to have friends where ever we go! This is one of many advantages of being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They are everywhere and love you as family when they meet you!
Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Miracles are real and do happen! This week I don't know what it is but miracles have been popping up everywhere in every direction! It's such a testimony to me that Heavenly Father does not forget us. He never abandons us and He wants us to travel through life with the light of the Savior.
Today, I was reading in Ether and first off I love the story of the Brother of Jared. It carries such power and love and it's one of my favorites. But I was reading this morning and the Brother of Jared was pleading with the Father for help so that him and his family would not have to travel "...across the raging deep in darkness..." (Ether 3:9) And I thought about that and realized that this life is like the raging deep for us. It's hard there are struggles and disappointments. But we get to decide if we travel through the raging deep of life either in light or in darkness. We can turn to Christ, the true light of the world, or we can not and travel our journey of life in darkness. Something I love so much about this though is that we get the choice. The Lord loves us enough to let us have our agency. He knows what's best for us but we ultimately get to decide. Are we going to plead with the Lord so that we can have the light of Christ in our lives? Or are we not? I know that He wants us to choose the light. To choose to have Christ in our lives because he knows how much we need it. How much easier it will be to travel through the raging deep of life with Christ as our light.
I hope each of you choose to choose Christ, and the light of the world to guide you through your life. Whether life is good or whether is not so good. Choose Christ and it will be that much easier.
1. So I had to give a talk in one of my wards Sunday and I shared a story about volleyball and literally every one keep coming up to me talking about volleyball now and everything I say they always tie it back to volleyball. Haha super funny! But I love that ward with all my heart.
2. IT.RAINED.IN.LAS.CRUCES.NEW.MEXICO. It finally rained!! It was so fun! And we happened to be out tracking when it did which made it that much better.
3. If anyone has good tips for getting rid of cockroaches that would be greatly appreciated cause they're huge and nasty and in our apartment. Um yeah. thanks(:
4. So I don't know if you know, but Sisters in most missions are now allowed to wear PANTS!!! CRAZY! But we aren't one of them cause the only bug problems here are in our apartment. Yeah send some ideas. real quick.
5. "Grandma James" bought me roadrunner earrings so that I could have something to remember Las Cruces by(((: She is seriously the cutest! Love her so much!
|Sisters P-Day |
Sister Ferrin, Hermana Marzo, Hermana Jolley
Exploring the life in Ole Mesilla NM
|Sunsets are fun|
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Haven't we all at one moment in time wondered why we have to wait? Why we truly need patience? Sometimes even when we have righteous desires we have to wait. Why is that? Why doesn't our Heavenly Father just help us have everything we need and want that is righteous right now? I have always known that patience was something that we need to have in our life. Over and over again in the scriptures it talks about patience being a virtue and so on and so forth, but have you ever wondered why? I know I have. This week it all kinda clicked into place about the why.
I was thinking about Joseph Smith and his story and all about the time period in which he lived. Then I started to wonder. What if Joseph Smith would have been born during the 1100's? He wouldn't have likely been born in America, he wouldn't have been born when the Bible was available to all people. He probably wouldn't have even had a bible in his home. With all that being said it would not have been possible for the restoration of the Church to happen in that day and age. There had to be a sequence of events before Joseph Smith could have been the Prophet of the Restoration.
I started thinking about it in my own life. There has to be certain things that happen first. We can't always just jump to what we want when we want it because sometimes for us to fully understand or for us to fully know we need to go through something else. We need to go in the Lord's timing. To truly become the people He needs us to be. We have to do it His way or it doesn't work.
I know that our Father has a plan for us and that if we wait patiently for the blessings The Lord has promised us they will come and we will be ready for them.
Have the best day!
(So, sorry if this makes zero sense I was trying to elaborate but then I ran outta time sooooo if it makes no sense just ignore me haha)
1. We were trying to commit one of my investigators to be baptized on a certain day and then our member started talking about tacos for like 15 minutes and then hurry and said "op well now we're outta time, bye!" Haha I look back and can't help but laugh and feel confused and frustrated all at the same time haha
2. We were driving down the road when all of a sudden we see this party and Sister Ferrin's response was "Wow, look at that Mexican party!! It's huge! Oh, it must be a quinceanera..." Haha obviously every party in NM is just a quinceanera now
3. I sent home Cacti last week cause I wanted to send home only something you could get in NM and obviously that is the only thing that is from NM that you can't get anywhere else. haha and I pulled pricklies out of my hand all day
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
|SPARKY'S!!! And Green Chili Burgers|
(HEAVEN ON EARTH)
on our way back from ABQ with the El Paso STLs
|Me and my favorite person |
in the whole world!!
I am so excited I got to see her today!!!
|Me and Sister Ferrin |
making crazy faces!!
Today, I was reading in Mormon and like usual I learned something new that pretty much blew my mind. In Mormon 5:17-18 It talks about the Nephites and how they once were people that delighted in Christ. That loved the Lord and would have given anything for Him. Then it goes on to talk about them now and how they are "led about by Satan [and]...tossed about upon the waves without sail or anchor..." It made me realize that no matter how much we are anchored to Christ now we still need to continue to work at it. Just because we won the battle once doesn't mean it's over we aren't going to be a target for Satan more.
There is a talk by Elder Holland that is my most favorite talk in the entire world. It is called "Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence". In this talk it talks so much about holding true in the times of trial and hardship. Over and over again Elder Holland says "It's not over till it's over." Meaning that we have to continue to work everyday and strive everyday to follow Christ. Fight the fight and after you win the first battle don't give in. Get back on your feet and rely again on the Savior and His teachings. Don't get comfortable.
I believe that that is one of the faults of the Nephites. They got comfortable. They had taken for granite the little things. Little by little they started to slip. They came to a point where they "did struggle for their lives without calling upon that Being who created them." (Mormon 5:2) The forgot the little things. They forgot how they had gotten to the place they used to be. The firgured they could do it all on their own. But it's in those moments that we think "Hey, I've got this. I can do it on my own" that we slip.
Remember, it's not over till it's over. After you have success in the Lord. After miracles come and you are strengthened don't turn around and say "thanks. I've got this now" Because we don't. It's through Him that we find peace. It's through Him that we are comforted and protected. Know that there will always be hard times, but when we rely on the Savior and His Atonement when it is really over, we will be victorious because we stayed on His side at "all time in all things and in all places."
I love you all lots and am so grateful for your influence in my life(: Thanks for being you. Keep it up. And remember, "it isn't over till it's over."
Oh P.S. if you happen to read that talk you're entire life will change for the better. So you should. Like now(:
1. I may have possibly played chair soccer in a skirt. And I won!! Haha jokes we all know I lost and got o
2. I got to go up to Albuquerque and see SISTER LEWIS!! YEAH YAEH YEAH!
3. That moment when you've been knocking doors for over an hour and no one wants to talk to you, but the last door you knock tells you how much she needed you in that very moment how you were her tender mercy, and because of you she knows Heavenly Father is aware of her, is the best thing in the entire world to experience.
Sunday, May 8, 2016
Okay, so like I have said before I am convinced that the best part of conference is the Preisthood session and like always my favorite talk was from that session. I had the chance to print it out and I just keep thinking about it over and over again so I figured I would share it with you all(:
The talk that I just love is by Elder Owen called "The greatest leaders are the greatest followers" and the story that he shared at the very beginning really stood out to me. He talked about being lost as a little boy and thinking to himself "Dad knows where he's going. If I follow him everything will be okay." I loved that. I wrote it down and put it on my wall, I loved it so much. I loved thinking about it on a spiritual note as well. Heavenly Father knows us and He knows the path.
I know I talk about Him knowing us and knowing the path we need to take but it is probably my most favorite thing. Or at least one of them. I love knowing that I don't need to know all of the answers. I don't need to know the why's and the when's and the how's. All I need to know is that God loves me and knows where He needs me to go. He knows the path and all I have to do is follow Him and everything will be alright.
1 Nephi 11:17 has quickly become one of my favorite verses in the book of mormon. "I know that [God] loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things" Nephi, a prophet, a man that has seen angels and has preformed so many miracles, says that all he knows is that God loves His children. That is all. And that is all that we need to know too.
When we know are realize that Heavenly Father loves His children and not only His children but YOU specifically it becomes so much easier to go through life not knowing the answers to all of our questions. If Elder Owen would not have known that His dad loved him he wouldn't have been able to say "Dad knows where he's going and if I follow him everything will be okay." He wouldn't have been able to trust.
I know that we truly do have a loving father in Heaven that loves us more than we can comprehend. He loves us today exactly how we are. He wants us to be happy and he wants us to be able to become as He is. But in order for us to do that we have to be able to say for ourselves that we know He loves us and wants what best. When we can say that we will be able to say "Dad knows where he's going" And when that happens everything else falls into place. Everything becomes bearable. I testify that He does love you. He knows you and wants you to be able to come home to Him.
Love you all!! Have a fantastic day!!
1. Transfers were this week and Sister Ferrin and I are staying in Las Cruces!!
2. I happened to be sick for most of the week and I'm convinced I get sick way more than the normal person.... haha
3. Our zone and our wards are seriously the best cause they all were constantly checking up on me to make sure I was doing alright so that was super nice(:
4. I GET TO FINALLY SEE MY BEST FRIEND (Sister Lewis) ON THURSDAY AND I CANT STOP JUMPING UP AND DOWN! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!