Tuesday, May 10, 2016

It's Not Over Till It's Over

SPARKY'S!!! And Green Chili Burgers
(HEAVEN ON EARTH)
on our way back from ABQ with the El Paso STLs

Me and my favorite person
in the whole world!!
I am so excited I got to see her today!!!

Me and Sister Ferrin
making crazy faces!!
 Have I mentioned how much I love the Book of Mormon recently? Well I seriously love it with all of my heart. It is one of the things I know without a shadow of a doubt where I can find peace. Where I can comfort and council from my Heavenly Father. 

Today, I was reading in Mormon and like usual I learned something new that pretty much blew my mind. In Mormon 5:17-18 It talks about the Nephites and how they once were people that delighted in Christ. That loved the Lord and would have given anything for Him. Then it goes on to talk about them now and how they are "led about by Satan [and]...tossed about upon the waves without sail or anchor..." It made me realize that no matter how much we are anchored to Christ now we still need to continue to work at it. Just because we won the battle once doesn't mean it's over we aren't going to be a target for Satan more. 

There is a talk by Elder Holland that is my most favorite talk in the entire world. It is called "Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence". In this talk it talks so much about holding true in the times of trial and hardship. Over and over again Elder Holland says "It's not over till it's over." Meaning that we have to continue to work everyday and strive everyday to follow Christ. Fight the fight and after you win the first battle don't give in. Get back on your feet and rely again on the Savior and His teachings. Don't get comfortable. 

I believe that that is one of the faults of the Nephites. They got comfortable. They had taken for granite the little things. Little by little they started to slip. They came to a point where they "did struggle for their lives without calling upon that Being who created them." (Mormon 5:2) The forgot the little things. They forgot how they had gotten to the place they used to be. The firgured they could do it all on their own. But it's in those moments that we think "Hey, I've got this. I can do it on my own" that we slip. 

Remember, it's not over till it's over. After you have success in the Lord. After miracles come and you are strengthened don't turn around and say "thanks. I've got this now" Because we don't. It's through Him that we find peace. It's through Him that we are comforted and protected. Know that there will always be hard times, but when we rely on the Savior and His Atonement when it is really over, we will be victorious because we stayed on His side at "all time in all things and in all places."

I love you all lots and am so grateful for your influence in my life(: Thanks for being you. Keep it up. And remember, "it isn't over till it's over."

-Sister Wade
Oh P.S. if you happen to read that talk you're entire life will change for the better. So you should. Like now(:

FUN FACTS:
1. I may have possibly played chair soccer in a skirt. And I won!! Haha jokes we all know I lost and got o
ut first...
2. I got to go up to Albuquerque and see SISTER LEWIS!! YEAH YAEH YEAH!

3. That moment when you've been knocking doors for over an hour and no one wants to talk to you, but the last door you knock tells you how much she needed you in that very moment how you were her tender mercy, and because of you she knows Heavenly Father is aware of her, is the best thing in the entire world to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment