Sunday, May 8, 2016

Dad Knows

Okay, so like I have said before I am convinced that the best part of conference is the Preisthood session and like always my favorite talk was from that session. I had the chance to print it out and I just keep thinking about it over and over again so I figured I would share it with you all(:

The talk that I just love is by Elder Owen called "The greatest leaders are the greatest followers" and the story that he shared at the very beginning really stood out to me. He talked about being lost as a little boy and thinking to himself "Dad knows where he's going. If I follow him everything will be okay." I loved that. I wrote it down and put it on my wall, I loved it so much. I loved thinking about it on a spiritual note as well. Heavenly Father knows us and He knows the path. 

I know I talk about Him knowing us and knowing the path we need to take but it is probably my most favorite thing. Or at least one of them. I love knowing that I don't need to know all of the answers. I don't need to know the why's and the when's and the how's. All I need to know is that God loves me and knows where He needs me to go. He knows the path and all I have to do is follow Him and everything will be alright. 

1 Nephi 11:17 has quickly become one of my favorite verses in the book of mormon. "I know that [God] loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things" Nephi, a prophet, a man that has seen angels and has preformed so many miracles, says that all he knows is that God loves His children. That is all. And that is all that we need to know too. 

When we know are realize that Heavenly Father loves His children and not only His children but YOU specifically it becomes so much easier to go through life not knowing the answers to all of our questions. If Elder Owen would not have known that His dad loved him he wouldn't have been able to say "Dad knows where he's going and if I follow him everything will be okay." He wouldn't have been able to trust.

I know that we truly do have a loving father in Heaven that loves us more than we can comprehend. He loves us today exactly how we are. He wants us to be happy and he wants us to be able to become as He is. But in order for us to do that we have to be able to say for ourselves that we know He loves us and wants what best. When we can say that we will be able to say "Dad knows where he's going" And when that happens everything else falls into place. Everything becomes bearable. I testify that He does love you. He knows you and wants you to be able to come home to Him.

Love you all!! Have a fantastic day!!
Sister Wade

FUN FACTS:
1. Transfers were this week and Sister Ferrin and I are staying in Las Cruces!!
2. I happened to be sick for most of the week and I'm convinced I get sick way more than the normal person.... haha
3. Our zone and our wards are seriously the best cause they all were constantly checking up on me to make sure I was doing alright so that was super nice(:

4. I GET TO FINALLY SEE MY BEST FRIEND (Sister Lewis) ON THURSDAY AND I CANT STOP JUMPING UP AND DOWN! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment