Tuesday, April 26, 2016

It's Not About How Hard You Hit, But How Hard You GET Hit and Get Back Up

So, we were teaching a recent convert yesterday and he quoted Rocky and I felt that it was completely appropriate for this weeks email. haha 

This week I learned that there truly is opposition in all things. And not only is there opposition but the greater the challenge the greater the blessing. That because there is opposition the opposition and the blessing at hand have to equal in magnitude. Think about Joseph Smith and before he had the first vision think of the opposition that be-fronted him. Think about Moses and after He was visited by the Father of the temptation the came.

 It is true in our lives as well. I think of the month before I entered the MTC and I was convinced I was not going. The challenge was just too great, but then the blessings that have come from serving a mission. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. This week was no different. The challenge almost seemed impossible but as the week went on the greater the miracles appeared. 

All transfer we have struggled with finding investigators and we have tried everything that seemed possible. Trials just kept coming and we worked as hard as we could and still nothing. I could feel that there was an amazing blessing right around the corner so we would keep working and keep trying harder and harder and still nothing. Nothing was happening. I realized something. I realized that it was in those moments that Satan was trying to get me to stop. It was then that Satan knew what blessing was right around the corner and he didn't want them to come. He was expecting us to quit and doing everything possible to get us to. Those blessing are too great and are going to benefit us beyond our comprehension and he knew that. He knew that those blessings would come to be "an annoyer of his kingdom" (JSH1:20)

In life we need to remember that. In those moments that we want to give up and say "This is just too hard, I can't do it anymore." Those are the moments that we need to continue on. Those are the moments we need to get on our knees and pray our hearts out for strength and then get on our feet and go to work. Those are the times when it matters most whose team you're on. I promise the blessings come. They always have and they always will. They have for me and I know that they will for you. 

My favorite line in the hymn I believe in Christ is "I believe in Christ, so come what may" I believe in Christ so hit me with all you've got. As long as we remember that we can overcome everything. We are gonna have trials and struggles and hardships but if we remember whose side we are one we will know that He never leaves us alone. He never deserts us. He is there with us through it all and the blessing will be as equal as the trial. If you feel like you're at that breaking moment keep going. Don't give in. There are blessings beyond our comprehension waiting for you. 

LOVE YOU ALL!

-Sister Wade
 OH! And read Alma 36 I'm challenging all of you to read it today!(: 

FUN FACTS:
1. We got to go onto White Sands Missile Range and holy moly the security you've gotta go through is death! if someone were to try and break in it would never happen. haha
2. I had sweet potatoes for the first time and they are now my new favorite food. Seriously if you've never had one TRY.THEM.NOW.

3. We may be walking all over Las Cruces for the rest of the week cause we may have possibly run outta miles.... haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment