Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Run As Fast As You Can

So we hear the phrase a ton in this church that we aren't to run faster than we have strength right? It is talked about all the time by our leaders, in the scriptures, and in General Conference so it's pretty well known. In Doctrine and Covenants 10:4 it reads
"Do not run faster or labor more than you have strength and means provided to enable you to translate; but be diligent unto the end."
I was thinking about this scripture and realized that no, we aren't supposed to run faster than we have strength, but we are expected to run as fast as we can.

I was talking about this with Sister Ferrin and something she said really struck me. She used to be a track runner and her coach used to always tell her that you don't know how fast you can run until you run it. Wow I really love that. We don't know how fast we can actually run until we run it. 

In this life there is going to be challenges. There is going to be difficulties and trials and we all are going to come to a point where we feel we cant go one more step. We feel that we have done all that we can do. We have run as fast as we ever have run before. Then Heavenly Father asks us to give a little bit more. And we say to ourselves I can't do it. It's physically not possible. It is in those moments that we need to remember that "the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men save He shall prepare a way." (1 Nephi 3:7) That he wants us to break our record. He wants us to get our new best time. He knows we can give more. In the moment that we trust Him and say "Okay I'm trusting you. Help me to do this." That we overcome so much. It is in those moments that we get our own new best record that we grow.

I think some times we say to ourselves "I can't go anymore, and I'm not supposed to run faster than I have strength so I'm done. I don't need to try harder. This is my breaking point. So I'm just going to stop. Sorry Heavenly Father that is more than I can do." But we need to remember that He knows us. He knows our strengths and our weaknesses and He will not give us anything we cannot conquer. He knows how fast we can run. He knows how fast we need to run in order to grow and stretch ourselves. We just need to rely on Him and run as fast as we can. 

LOVE YOU LOTS! 
-Sister Wade 

FUN FACTS:
1. So it's super funny cause here in NM if you have a grass lawn you are a "rich kid" haha We saw someone mowing their lawn and almost stopped to take a picture cause you NEVER see that here! 
2. Hatch is the cutest lil town in the world.
3. So I went on exchanges in Hatch annnndddd guess where I slept? In a house? Nope. In an apartment? Nope. Outside? Nope. In a Catholic Church house? YUP! Haha So funny! So there is the cutest little lady that used to be catholic and her dad owned a catholic church and then she converted and when her dad died she inherited the church. She tried selling it but no one bought it so she rents it out it the missionaries and they live in this catholic church! It is so cool! Literally it is the area most talked about in the New Mexico Albuquerque Mission.
4. Oh also the Hatch Hermanas cover a town called Truth or Consequences or "T or C" as the call it. Look up why it was named that. SUPER FUNNY!! 
5. Oh did I mention I'm never coming home? Haha I love it so much here!!
Oh and Sista Ferrin
&
  I in our apartment

So my mom sent us mallow eggs to color
 and we finally did them during lunch so that was fun!
They turned out hideous
but hey its the experience right?(;


No comments:

Post a Comment