Tuesday, February 23, 2016

So it's almost March? WHAAATT?!

I seriously can't believe it is almost March! This year is flying by! It just needs to slow down! I love it too much out here! 

This week I continued to study in Alma and holy smokes I can't tell you how much I love the Book of Mormon enough! It truly is Heavenly Father's words to us in these last days. But like I was saying I was reading in Alma and in chapter 34 it was talking about justice and mercy and something hit me. My entire life I have grown up knowing that it is only through Jesus Christ and His Atonement that I can live with Him and my family for all eternity but this chapter hit it home for me.

It was talking about justice and how it is a law of Heaven that justice must be fulfilled. But there is a line in verse 16 that I just loved. It says that "and thus mercy can satisfy the demands of justice" But it is only through the Atonement that we can have that mercy. And yes the Atonement is for everyone and everyone can have that mercy but we have to act. It was paid for by our Savior Jesus Christ and that is great. Without Him we would only have justice and not be able to have that mercy, but if we don't act on it it doesn't do anything for us. We have to have faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement. We have to repent of our sins, be baptized, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and endure to the end. We have to do these thing and continue to do them or we can't have that beautiful gift of His mercy. It really hit home that this is why I am on a mission. This is why I want people to know about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I want them to know about this so that they can have that mercy, so that they can have that complete joy and happiness of the Celestial kingdom. 

I love this gospel so much and I know that it is only through Jesus Christ and his Atonement and this gospel that we can ever have complete happiness and joy. But He loves us enough to let each of us choose if we want it. We get to choose if we want happiness or not. I want to challenge each of you to find some way in your life that you can better have faith in Jesus Christ and rely more fully on Him. I know that when you will have a happier life. You will be more positive and grateful for all that you have been given. 

Love you all!!

-Sister Wade

MIRACLE STORY:
We were about to knock this apartment complex when all of a sudden we saw a no trespassing sign. We were super disappointed and didn't know where to go. When all of a sudden we felt like there was this one apartment complex we didn't get to finish and should go try. So we drove to the other apartment and after a prayer for strength to find His elect children we headed out. When we came around a corner we saw this young man and all of us got really excited because he looked YSA. Then we found out he was already a member and in high school, but he told us how much of a tender mercy we were because he was a recent convert and hadn't been to church in awhile and needed the gospel in his life again. He was thinking about serving a mission but didn't really know but that we were his tender mercy knowing that Heavenly Father loves him. Which that in and of itself was a super cool miracle to be someone elses tender mercy. Then we started knocking and door after door no one was interested. Then the last door we knocked on this young woman answered and said she was really hard core catholic and wasn't really interested, but because it was cold (78 degrees and windy haha) outside she would let us in. We talked with her for a minute and she decided she wanted this in her life. We taught her the first lesson and she was so excited for us to come back!! AHHH! It may seem like a little thing but Heavenly Father truly does lead us to His elect children.
FUN FACTS:
1. We were going to dinner with a recent convert and we got a call from him asking if we had our ID's on us. The second we hung up the phone I turned to my companions and said "it's officially were going to a club! Hopefully he knows i'm not 21!" haha too funny! We ended up going onto Ft Bliss the military base for dinner and I have decided that if I was in the military I would never leave base. They have their own world there!! haha 
2. When it gets to 68 degrees here "it's freezing"

A couple of weeks ago when we
hiked mammoth rock with our zone

No comments:

Post a Comment