Thursday, September 8, 2016

Wait, Am I really in ABQ?


   NEW ADDRESS
1419 Chelwood Park Blvd Apt B
Albuquerque NM 87112

So transfers were this week and you guessed it I finally made it up to Albuquerque! It's crazy to think how long I've been in the New Mexico Albuquerque Mission and haven't served in Albuquerque haha. But my new companion is Sister Markus and we pink washed (Elders were here and now there's Sisters so neither one of us know what's going on pretty much...) an area. I am so excited for this coming transfer though. I know without a shadow of a doubt that this is exactly where I need to be and where the Lord needs me. Even if it means I had to leave the best ward in the entire world. But it's okay because there is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone. That being said I am going to grow A TON.

The scriptures have literally been my lifeline my entire mission. I don't know why I didn't use them this way before my mission. I love that they hold such power and such comfort. I was reading this morning and I came across the verse in Mosiah 23 verses 18-19. It talks about how the people were nourished by righteousness and because they were they prospered exceedingly. I love finding all of these amazing promises in the scriptures. I love knowing that we are promised as we do what the Lord asks and as we fill our lives with righteous things we are going to prosper. We are going to be happy and find joy. Which doesn't mean we aren't going to have trials. In fact later in the chapter and in the chapter following the people  are actually taken into bondage but as they were able to hold fast to what they knew to be true. As they filled their lives with righteousness they were able to prosper and bear their afflictions with ease.

I know this to be true. I have been able to test it out and see if it works and it does. It brings to pass D&C 82:10 where it says, "I, the Lord am bound when you do what I say." But for each of us to truly know for ourselves we have to test it out. We need to verify the words of the Lord and we have his promise that as we do we will be blessed. 

Love ya all and if you're struggling with keeping a commandment or with something the Lord has asked you to do, try it out and see the blessings of the Lord unfold to you. 

Sister Wade

FUN FACTS:
1 So, last week during weekly planning I told the Sisters that this was going to be a "Moses parting the red sea" kinda week and you'll never believe it. We met and taught a guy named MOSES! No way right?!
2. We found out that last week all of our investigators skipped town and went to Deming for a duck race. Yes, you read that right. They race ducks. 

Oh and my new address is:
1419 Chelwood Park Blvd Apt B
Albuquerque NM 87112

just in case you would like to send me anything(;



MLC funny picture. Yeah I find it pretty hilarious      
September MLC    


 When my mom sends us fake mustaches and toy guns    

We chalked the Plan of Salvation...again...    

My last day with these cute girls ):     

No comments:

Post a Comment