Tuesday, September 20, 2016

This week has been one of the best weeks of my entire life. I can't even begin to tell you how many miracles we have seen this past week and how many tender mercies Sister Markus and I have had. So, I figured I'd share some of the biggest miracles we saw this week.

The first miracles actually started the first week we got to Albuquerque. We were out trying by a potential investigator and after we started walking back to the car we saw this guy sitting outside and so we went to go talk to him. He talked with us but quickly told us he was NOT interested. The very next day at a different apartment complex we saw him again and he told us that we were getting kinda weird. We laughed but told him there must have been a reason we've seen him 2 days in a row at 2 different places. We asked him if we saw him again if he would meet with us. Kind of half heartily he said yeah and then rode off on his skateboard as we told him we'd see him tomorrow. 

The next day came, and as we were ending the end of the night we realized we hadn't seen him anywhere. As we were literally talking about seeing him we saw this guy walking down the street and Sister Markus turned to me and said "Sister! That's him! Pull over!" So we quickly proceeded to pull over and casually/swiftly walked/ran towards him. Yet, we couldn't remember his name so we couldn't call after him we just had to catch up. After we got there we realized it wasn't him...haha yeah that was kinda embarrassing but the man did want to meet with us so that was a miracle in and of itself. We walked back to the car and said a prayer that we would be able to find him. During the prayer the thought that I had was "He's here. Find Him." At this point we only had 5 minutes to get back to the apartment so we drove around quickly looking everywhere we could to find him. Sadly we didn't find him ): We were kind of bummed but we knew in the Lord's timing we would see him again. 

The next day came and low and behold right where we had pulled over the night before there walks Justin. (we finally remembered his name haha) We were so excited. We turned to him and told him that this time makes three! As he rode off on his skateboard again he laughed and said, okay now you're stalking me.

Literally the next day we saw him again and he turned to us and said, "You are so right. God must be telling me something. I can't believe I've run into you at all these different places over and over again." We got his phone number and he told us he really wanted to learn more about the gospel and that he needed some peace and happiness in his life. Truly a miracle in every sense of the word. We are so excited to be able to go and teach him and help him to find that peace and happiness only the Gospel of Jesus Christ can bring. 

Okay, miracle number 2. Once again we were going by a potential investigator, Santos, and we had been by them countless times but we had this prompting to go by them again. Sister Markus and I got out of the car and kept talking casually while we headed to their apartment. Half way there we stopped and realized we had taken a different route and had no clue where their apartment was. We turned around and we saw a girl sitting on a bench right outside her house smoking, so naturally we asked her if she knew Santos and after she didn't we started talking to her. The second we asked her if she had heard of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints she told us that just the night before she had been on the Church's website and she had almost requested to have missionaries come by and teach her about the 15 step stop smoking program the Church had. She asked if we taught it and after we told her we did she told us how much of a miracle it was that we had been for her. We came back the next night and taught her all about the program and how it is because of Savior and Heavenly Father love her that she is going to be able to overcome her addiction. 

After we had talked with her a little she told us that we were so excited for her because it was going to make her life better but we were more excited than she was because she was going to have to give something up and it was going to be hard. So we told her that we would give something up with her. We would give up sugar (which is REAL hard for me) as she gives up tobacco. 

It was such an amazing tender mercy for me to have met Brenda. She is truly one of the strongest people I know. I am so excited to be able to give up something with her and to see the atonement of Jesus Christ change her and help her. 

I love this gospel so much and I am so excited and grateful I get to share it with everyone. I know it changes lives. It's hard to comprehend some times that the Lord would trust me enough to trust His children to me and ask me to help them find their way back home. But I can't tell you how much it has changed me in the process. 


I love you all lots and sorry this email was super long and hopefully you get the jest of what I was trying to say. haha. Have a fantastic week! 


P.S. Share the gospel with someone this week, and see it change your life and theirs for the better.-Sister Wade

So we knocked on this door and there were shopping carts filled with everything you can think of and there were cob webs everywhere you can even think of so I had to have my stick to clear the way to the door. 

"Even a bottom teeth smile!" -Hank Smith    
I FINALLY
 accomplished my mission goal and road bikes all day!
 And half of the miracles of the week came from biking.
Oh this is me and Hermana Peyson(:
    

Has it already been a year?    



No comments:

Post a Comment