Tuesday, January 5, 2016

J.O.Y.



Wow I can't express enough how much I love the Book of Mormon. I am pretty sure when it comes time to start over again I am going to need a new set of scriptures because there is literally zero room in the margins to write anymore notes haha, but today I was studying and something hit me. I know we talk about it all the time and it's such basic doctrine but it hit me how much our Heavenly Father truly loves each of us.

I was reading in Mosiah 3 and over and over again it says something along the lines of "I have come to bring good tidings of great joy." or "I declare unto thy people, that they may also be filled with joy." and so on and so forth all about joy. All of a sudden it hit me. how honestly are truly our Heavenly Father wants us to be happy. Everything he does and asks us to do is so we can be eternally happy. 

Sister Ingold and I have been talking a lot about why we were asked to keep the commandments. Why we are asked to do the little things. Why we are asked to pray. Why we are asked to worship God and no other gods before him. Not so much for our sake but more so for our investigators sakes. And after doing so I came to the conclusion that we are asked to do these things because He loves us. and He wants us to have the kind of joy that He does, but in order to do that we first must love Him enough to keep His commandments, and when we love Him we worship Him and that which we worship we eventually become like. Its all a cycle. That which we worship we love and that which we love we become like. 

He loves us enough that he wants us to have that eternal joy that He has. He wants us to become like Him so we can be happy like He is. So that we can live with our families for all eternity in the Celestial Kingdom, in the place where we can receive COMPLETE joy.

Wow doesn't that just make your heart so happy? To have someone that loves you enough to want you to have the complete and udder happiness? It makes me want to scream it from the roof tops and tell everyone in the world that they have a Heavenly Father that loves them and wants them to have eternal, never ending, complete joy. But it is only through Him that we can. Wow so amazing!!

I love love this gospel with every thing that I am. I know without a shadow of a doubt that this church is true and that I have a Heavenly Father that loves me unconditionally and wants me to return to live with Him forever. and he loves me enough to provide a way for me to and you to do so.

Love y'all and hope you have a great January day! Oh yeah it's 2016!! What in the world?!?!?!

Love ya!!
Sister Wade(:

FUN FACTS: 
1. I may have got offered a free hair cut and dye so obviously I took it haha 

2. I fed homeless people at a homeless shelter and one came up to us and said " i know who you are. I know how old you are. I know why you are here and why you act the way you do. Don't talk to me." haha so that was semi awkward haha

3. Someone may have told sister Ingold and I that he would wait 18 months to hug us.... SUPER awkward.

4. I found out Sister Ingold was best friends in college with my cousin haha small world

No comments:

Post a Comment