Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Make the Pathway Straight

We got to ride in a tank!!
 haha
 okay not really
 but hey I can now say
I have been in a war tank!
So that's cool! 
 


I'm apologizing now for my random spurt of an email. haha and if it makes zero sense I'm sorry.


Holy smokes I can't tell you how much I love the scriptures enough!! We all know about that path it talks about in the scriptures over and over again right? And it talks about how it is a strait path.(2 Nephi 31:18) Well when you look up the word strait in the dictionary you realize that in this scripture it isn't talking about a straight path that is simple and easy but rather the word strait means narrow restricting and confiding. Meaning that there is only one way and one path. And that it isn't always going to be easy. Living the gospel isn't always easy. It There isn't any wiggle room when it comes to the commandments. Hence the strait meaning narrow and confining. 
Here is the cool part. I was reading in Alma chapter 7 yesterday and I came across a verse. it says
 "For i perceive that ye are in the paths of righteousness; I perceive that ye are in the path which leads to the kingdom of God; yea, I perceive that ye are making his paths straight." (Alma 7:19) 

Notice the type of straight it is now talking about. It's talking about the straight that is easier. When we are on the paths of righteousness and doing what the Lord has asked of us and keeping his commandments we are making the path straight. Our lives become easier and we are greatly blessed. When we are a covenant keeping people and a commandment keeping people our lives are going to be so much easier than if we weren't. The commandments aren't there to with hold us from having fun and doing fun things, but rather they are there to help us make our lives easier. They are there so that we can become the person that our Heavenly Father wants us to be. So that we can one day live with our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and our families for all eternity. The commandments aren't there to  be a burden but to rather lift our burdens of life so that we can make the pathway straight. 

I love y'all and hope you have a fantastic day! Rely on the Savior and His Atonement. Know that He loves you more than you can comprehend. Know that the commandments He has placed before us are so that we can enjoy never ending happiness "in the mansions of our fathers". 

-Sister Wade

FUN FACTS:
1. There are impostor missionaries going around in El Paso with name tags and Sister Ingold and I got checked to see if we were real or not. haha
2. If you have not tried Blue Bell ice cream you are missing out. Especially cause it's only a Texas thing. But it's the best ice cream I have ever tasted in my life. 
3. I got called on during sacrament to come up and give a talk that second. And honestly relying on the Spirit is the best kinda way to give a talk haha 
4. I officially wanna be a seminary teacher when I come home. I LOVE THIS GOSPEL!

No comments:

Post a Comment