Friday, January 22, 2016

So awesome scripture chain. All of us know the story of Lehi's vision and the tree of life. And we all know that one of the main things it talks about in that vision is the iron rod. In 1 Nephi 11:25 we learn that the iron rod is the word of God, so naturally we think the word of God is the scriptures, but in Revelations 19:13 it says something different. "...and His name is called The Word of God." Meaning that the word of God is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the iron rod. 

When I think of the iron rod I think of something that helps you along. Something to grab when you start to slip so you don't fall. Isn't that what Jesus Christ is for all of us? He truly is our support. "My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions..." (2 Nephi 4:20) He is the very thing that can help us get through the bad times and the good. But without Him in our lives we slip and fall. 

Without Jesus Christ we can never have that eternal happiness, that eternal joy. Just like in the vision, the iron rod leads to the tree of life and the fruit thereof is that is "most desirable above all things" the "love of God" also known as the atonement. But without Jesus Christ we would not have the atonement. Without Jesus Christ we could not have the possibility of ever having eternal joy or happiness and living with Him, our Heavenly Father, and our families for all eternity. 

I know that Jesus Christ and this gospel is the only place that we can find true and lasting joy. It is through Him that we can become better today than we were yesterday. I love this gospel with everything that I am and I am so grateful I get so spend the rest of my life strengthening my relationship with my Savior and Heavenly Father. I love them both so dearly. 

Thanks for all that y'all do and for sharing your testimonies with me. They strengthen mine and I am lucky to have such great people in my life as y'all. 

Love 
Sister Wade

FUN FACTS: 
1. I almost got emergency transferred and President Miller almost took missionaries completely out of the YSA ward in El Paso, but don't worry it wasn't anything bad and it didn't happen so that's good!!(:
2. We got to meet another general authority, Elder Arnold. HE'S AMAZING!
3. I am pretty sure I really was supposed to be an Hermana because we taught 2 lessons in Spanish this week haha. Okay really good Spanglish but still! I'm impressed with us(; haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment