Tuesday, December 8, 2015

9 Hour ER visits are fun...NOT



So this week was a crazy week! We had hospital visits, birthdays, President Miller may have come down to EP from Albuquerque to visit with us, Elder Bennett of the 70 came, our Zone leaders may have stolen our popcorn machine and our "easy" button (meanie heads...haha), I may have met wiccan after wiccan after wiccan, I found out the principal of the institute was a seminary teacher at Riverton High School 12 years ago (small world right?!) , AND I have decided for this next transfers I want to be a zebra companionship with Hermana Deardon she is literally my favorite person ever. no big deal. (Zebra companionship means one English Sister and one Spanish Hermana, in case you didn't know haha)

So before everyone has a heart attack I am fine. My companion was having extreme pain for 2 days in her side and so we went to the ER and were there for 9 hours but the finally found out that it was just kidney stones. ): Poor thing I know! So this week has been kinda slow work wise because we have had to go a little slower than normal but she is so strong and is powering through! She had a blessing and it definitely has given her strength. Have a mentioned how much I love Priesthood Blessings? Yes, they are amazing. The power of God is real and we have full access to it once again on the earth! Isn't that the coolest thing in the entire world?!

Yesterday, we had a zone conference and Elder Bennett of the 70 came. I was so excited! His was the talk I told all of you to read a couple of weeks ago from the priesthood session. Wow he truly is amazing! He is so filled with the spirit. I think I may have filled up 4 pages front and back of notes. There were things I was struggling with personally that no one knew about but he talked about. It was such a testimony builder for me to know that my Heavenly Father knows me personally. He is looking out for me and is aware of little ole me. I testify that He does know each one of us personally. He knows our needs and He loves us so much! Look for His hand in your everyday life and you will start to see all the little things He does for each of you to show you how much He loves you.

One of the things Elder Bennett talked about was the word convert. The word convert can be broken up into 2 parts con and vert. The con means with or fully, and vert means to turn. So to be converted to Jesus Christ means to fully turn to Jesus Christ. It means to turn to him in everything and to know that He is the only way. How many of us are truly converted to this gospel and to Jesus Christ? There are so many of us that are members of the church, but are not converted to Jesus Christ and His teachings. Being a member of the church is not enough. We must be truly 100% converted to Christ.

 We cannot just go through the motions. We must be converted. I want to challenge you to look at your own conversion. Are you turned fully to Christ? Are you willing to give your all for whatever He may need of you? If you aren't start with the basics. Start praying both day and night and with real intent. Start feasting on the words of Christ and going to Church. It's the little things that make the difference. (Alma 37:6) 

I promise you that if you start doing the little things and converting yourself to Christ you will be happier. You will find joy in the little things. Your relationship with the Savior will deepen and you will find the strength to make it through the hard days. 

Love,
Sister Wade(: 
PONDERIZE SCRIPTURE: Words of Mormon 1:7

Oh and transfers are next week so if you are planning on sending a letter or a package and it will be here by Dec 14 (it takes 2-3 days from Utah to get here) then you can send it to my El Paso address but if not send it to the NM address cause I don't know if I will be in El Paso in a week. Hopefully I am but who knows so here is that address(: 
4400 Presidential Dr NE Ste E
Albuquerque NM 87109

Sister Ingold with kidney stones, Me and Sister Rackley

No comments:

Post a Comment