Monday, December 14, 2015

REMEMBER


So, yesterday I learned that one of the members in my YSA ward proposed to his girlfriend by having a bird swoop in and give her the ring. Yes, my proposal expectations have now been raised. haha Seriously though how do you train a bird to do that?!?!

This week has been crazy to say that least! But, I'm sure I say that every week. Typical mission life. haha. We have had countless hours in doctors offices this week though and Sister Ingold continued to get worse She is going in for surgery tomorrow morning because now her kidney is infected and the kidney stone is stuck so definitely keep her in your prayers. She is literally the strongest person that I know though. Rarely does she ever say she's in pain and she only does when I ask her and tell her to stop lying haha. But she is amazing I am so lucky to have her as a companion. 

Speaking of companions, transfer calls were Saturday. Sister Ingold and I will be staying in the area and Sister Rackley will be going up north. Not only will Sister Rackley be leaving but so will the Elders that we split the ward with. They have decided to recombine our area so now Sister Ingold and I cover all of El Paso, Caunitillo, Horizon City, and in to New Mexico. Yeah incase you didn't know El Paso alone is HUUUGE go look at it on a map haha. I am pretty sure it takes us at least 4 hours to drive our entire area but I am so excited!!(: We had a lesson on the east side a couple of days ago and we drove right by customs to go into Mexico. It was so so cool! I can't tell you how pumped I am to be able to work with everyone on the East Side as well as the West! (Which also means my address is the same. Email me if you need it again.)

This week we also got to participate in a Christmas concert our ward put on at the Ceilo Vista Mall and that was fun. Sure most of us sounded uh well..sounded haha but I got to sign Silent Night in front of everyone and I was so happy! It definitely made my day!



On a more spiritual note, this week I learned about the word remember. When the word remember is mentioned in the scriptures it is referring to what we learned in the Pre-earth life. We were all taught the truths of the gospel at the feet of our Heavenly Father before we came to earth. We have already been taught the things that the scriptures talk about. We were taught the things that we need to do in order to return back to our Father in Heaven. We just need to remember what we have been taught and apply them in our lives. 

When we meet investigators whose hearts have been softened all of them tell us "This feels so good, I can't explain it but I feel at home." or something to the extend and the reason they are feeling that is because we were taught the truths already. They are just now coming to their remembrance. It has a familiar ring to it because this gospel, The gospel of Jesus Christ, is what we spent all of our time learning about before we came to earth. 

 In Mosiah 4:30 it is talking about keeping the commandments of God and continuing in faith. At the end of the scripture it says "O man, remember, and perish not." Remember the things which you have already learned. Remember the truths and if we do so and do the things which the Lord has commanded we will not perish but have everlasting life. We will be able to live with our Heavenly Father once again as long as we remember what the Lord has already taught us and apply it in our lives today. 

I love love love this gospel with ever fiber in my being and I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who wants me to return to Him and has provided a way to do so. I am so grateful that my Father in Heaven has also provided a way for me to remember the things He has previously taught me, through the scriptures, modern day prophets and personal revelation. He loves us all so much and desires for us to live with Him again. We just need to REMEMBER.

Love ya!

-Sister Wade

I love Christmas Lights
so obviously I had to take a picture (:

Elders who split the ward with us.
Elder Steele and Elder Bolinger
Ward mission leader Mitch
Sis. Rackly, Sis. Ingold, and Me (:

No comments:

Post a Comment