Monday, February 13, 2017

Joy

"For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things..." (2 Nephi 2:11)

Have you ever thought, "oh if only I had a bigger house, or more friends, or a different companion, or an easier life then I will be happy." I know I have thought that once or twice before.

What's incredible is if we think of the Story of Adam and Eve, they had "everything". Life was literally a walk in the park. They didn't have to work for their food. There was no wickedness, there was no hardships, no trials, none of that. But even though they had "everything" still they weren't happy. It was only after the fall, only after those trials came into their lives that they could have happiness. That they could feel joy. So when we think of our lives and we want to say "if only I had a perfect life, then I'll be happy." We can in turn instead and say "because of the trials in my life I can recognize the joy." Because it really is when we have that opposition that we can have happiness.


Love ya'll!!
-Sister Wade

P.S. Sorry if it's jumbled!

FUN FACTS!!
1. One day it's 75 degrees and sunny and the next there is snow on the ground! And we used to think UT weather was bipolar! haha
2. Sister Stokes has THE best chocolate chip cookie recipe and yes, I officially have a copy
3. I got to spend an entire day AGAIN with Sister Ingold. I just love that Sister!
4. The Prestwich families and the Kartchner family from the Indian School ward (my last area) came to my ward over here! It was such a happy day(:
5. Also it was the most exciting moment when I signed something to Sister King and she UNDERSTOOD WHAT I SAID!!! AHHH! Haha She was so excited!(:

6. Kaelee and Stetson go to the temple every other Friday and it makes us so happy!!(:

No comments:

Post a Comment