Sunday, November 29, 2015

He Has a Plan for YOU. Trust Him



This week I learned one main thing. Heavenly Father has a plan for me specifically. I just need to TRUST HIM.

I was reading in the Ensign this week and I came across the talk "Your Next Step" that was given during the priesthood session of conference and man this talk changed my life. (Drop what you are doing and go read it) In this talk it talks about taking your next step through Christ and relying fully on Him. Turning our will over to Him. "We will, not, we cannot, fail if we are faithfully yoked to the Savior--He who has never failed and will never fail us!" 

A couple of weeks ago I had a prompting to do something that was really hard for me and I really struggled with it. I kept falling back on that "what if's" and I kept doubting the prompting. As I was reading this talk I realized how much I was actually doubting my Savior. I didn't know if what He had asked me to do was right. I loved this quote so much because it is so so SO true. The savior of the world has never failed, so why would he fail you now? Why would he ask us to do hard things if He didn't know we could over come them and that they were for our benefit?

Something that we teach investigators is about the Plan of Happiness. How our Heavenly Father loves us so much and wants us to be happy. He has an entire plan for us that is designed to make us happy. He knows each one of us so personally that he knows how to make us happy. He knows what we need in our lives at this very moment that is going to make us happiest in the long run. But with him knowing everything and knowing what things in life we are going to need to become like Him we must trust Him. 

Trusting is hard. I know it is because sometimes I struggle with it more than I'd like to admit. Especially these last couple of weeks, But something I love is that we are trusting someone who knows the end result. He knows our desires and our hearts and he knows what things we need to do to achieve exaltation and that eternal happiness. He knows us and he knows what we need to be happy. We just need to TRUST HIM. 

Going back to that quote from conference I love that it says we cannot fail. When we are trusting our Savior fully and giving our will to Him we cannot fail. It is impossible to fail. When we trust him so fully we cannot fail. Even when He asks us to do hard things. Moroni 7:33 it reads "if ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me." Wow if we trust Him and have faith that he knows best He will give us that power to do whatsoever thing he asks of us. He promises us that we can do those hard things he asks us to do as long as we trust Him. For "I know in whom I have trusted." (2 Nephi 4:19) 

He has a plan for you. He loves you so much. TRUST HIM. When he asks you to do hard things trust that he knows what you need to accomplish those hard things and that all will work together for your benefit. He loves you.


FUN FACTS:
We may have gotten a cat stuck in our engine and we may have asked a stranger to help us and he may have taken part of our car apart to get the cat out and we may have had a small-ish child get in the hood of the car to get the cat out. But just maybe....
97% of the people I met this week were named Robert. I literally could have started the conversation, "Hi, I'm Sister Wade, let me guess your name is Robert?" and they would have said yes. Haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment