Wednesday, November 11, 2015

And Then There Were Three....


Nov. 9, 2015
Tomorrow is transfer day and we are getting A THIRD SISTER!! AHHH! We are so excited!! Except for the fact that our apartment is teeny tiny so all of our three beds will look like one giant bed because there is no room in the apartment haha but this is going to be so great! I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for UTEP West(: 

We taught Monica again this week and she committed to a baptism date!! Ahhh! I am so excited for her. She is definitely one of these "golden investigators" everyone talks about. Every time we teach her she tells us how "The gospel just feel like home." I hope I am still here to watch her be baptized. She is going out of town and wont have time until January to be baptized so fingers crossed I will still be here. 

Oh speaking of baptisms. Our other investigator that was supposed to be baptized on the 7th wasn't going to be there on Sunday to receive the Holy Ghost so we had to move his date back until the 21st which was really sad but he is still getting baptized and that is all that matters right?

This week during person study time I realized how much I truly love the mission. I love being able to see people the way our Savior sees them. I love being so spiritually in tune with the spirit to receive revelation for this area Heavenly Father has placed me in. I love teaching people about the Atonement and how it can change their life.

I was reading in 1 Nephi 17:51 and I absolutely love this scripture. It says 'And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles, among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?" I love this verse because how true is that. The Lord as brought to pass so many mighty miracles why should we ever think that he wouldn't help us accomplish the things he has asked us to? Or why should we ever think he won't help us overcome a trial we are having? 

He is a God of miracles and wants to help each one of us return to live with Him again. If he can do all that he has done why can he not help us? Or why would he not help us? "For behold this is my work and my glory to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" (Moses 1:39) He glories in us when we are becoming more like him and when we are overcoming our trials. So why would he not help us overcome them? Trust Him. Turn to Him and let Him help you. He can and wants to help you succeed.(:

I love you all and hope you have the best day of your entire life!(:

- Sister Wade

FUN FACTS:
1. Our investigator that is on baptism date asked our district leader if he could date me.... haha so that was funny.
2. Our zone leaders dropped by for a random "visit of love" and brought us a GIANT SUPER THICK carrot cake which I am convinced we will never be able to eat all of it. 
3. Sister Ingold has a 100% rate of guessing what is going to happen with transfers.

No comments:

Post a Comment