Wednesday, December 21, 2016

M.E.R.R.Y.C.H.R.I.S.T.M.A.S

I love love love this time of year. one of my favorite things about this time of year is the feeling of Christmas. It's amazing because that feeling can be felt all of the time. It doesn't only have to be a December feeling. That feeling truly is the Holy Ghost. It's the spirit of service, it's the spirit of Christ. As we turn our lives towards Christ and do as He would do that spirit is there.

I am the luckiest person in the entire world to get to spend 2 full Christmas's on my mission. I love being able to share with everyone the way that peace, joy and happiness come into our lives. It really is through our Savior.

Yesterday, I was reading in Helaman about Samuel the Lamanite prophesying about our Savior's birth and as I was reading I realized how many times it says the word "sign". I thought about it for a moment and thought about how 99% of the time our Father in Heaven doesn't send us "signs". Most of the time when we are looking for an answer it doesn't come the way that our Savior came into the world. It comes through subtle promptings of the spirit and the thoughts and feelings we have. So as I was thinking I asked myself why Heavenly Father wanted all of His children all over the world to have a physical sign that their Savior was born. As I continued to read I realized the reason was to help each of his children, the ones living then and the ones now, know that they really had a Savior. Help each and everyone remember the plan that was put in place from the foundation of the world. To help us to know at the very moment the sign was given that our Father has a plan and that plan includes a Savior and the Atonement. I can only imagine the overwhelming feeling of love and peace as the sign was given. I want you to think about that Christmas morning. And really think of the reason for Christmas. As was said at the Christmas Devotional, "We celebrate Christmas because of Easter."

Love you all! Hope you have the best Christmas yet!!

-Sister Wade

Look who came to District Council!    

Merry Christmas from ABQ-W    

We are Christmas trees! haha (Christmas tree skirts)    

STETSON GOT BAPTIZED!!!    

Danny and Monica got married!!! They are seriously so cute! And their wedding was so cute and everything was just amazing!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment