Sunday, November 27, 2016

Oh, So Thankful

Okay, there is so much to be thankful for. I love love love this time of year that we get to look back and count the blessing our Father in Heaven has given us. All of the tender mercies and see His hand so much.

So as for now I am issuing all of you a challenge. Starting today, make a tender mercy/thanful journal. Whether it's on your phone or in a real journal or on a sticky note or whatever you've got make a tender mercy journal and start recognizing all the good in your life and all the things the Lord has given you, and see His hand in your life everyday. I've started doing this and it's truly amazing. I catch myself being grateful for so much and I recognize the little thing more often too!

But just a few things I am grateful for are....
1. First and foremost the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the ability that I have to repent and change and become someone better through Him.

2. The Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ

3. The temple and that I get the opportunity to be with my family for all eternity and that Heavenly Father loves us enough to give us those a place where we can make covenants with Him and feel as close to Him as we possibly can.

4. My cute lil family who happen to be partying in Hawaii without me. I still love them though.

5. The Book of Mormon! I am pretty sure I talk about it in every email but it is the greatest thing. I can't even begin to express how much I love it and how true I know it is. It really is a refuge and a place of peace where we come to know our Savior more than anything else. 

6. My time as a Missionary and that the Lord has asked me to represent Him and His son and His Church. That is one of the greatest blessings in my life and getting to see it change the lives of others. I wouldn't trade that for anything in the entire world. 

7. My Savior, and my best friend, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful He knows me so perfectly. And He loved me enough to do what He did so I would not have to go through this life alone.

8. The Plan of Happiness. Sister Peterson once showed me this amazing scripture on it. It's Alma 24:14 and I truly know that our Heavenly Father giving us this plan because He loves us so much. We don't get to know everything in this life. Actually I feel like I know close to nothing but our Heavenly Father wanted to make one thing clear that we do know, it is that we can have eternal happiness. That we can live with Him and our families forever. That we know where we came from and where we are going after this life. Such a tender mercy in my life to know that. 

9. The Sacrament and the opportunity we have to partake of it weekly and gain strength from it. 

10. The people Heavenly Father has placed in my life at this time to strengthen me and help me and for me to in turn do the same for them. 

I love you all lots and I want you to know how grateful I am for this opportunity that I have to serve my Father in Heaven. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now. 

Love,
Sister Wade

P.S. This talk is AMAZING and such a good one for the season. So you should read it!
           Some times Sister Acton Sister GIbbons and I
                     all buy the same boots,
               so we obviously have to wear them 
            on the same day and take a picture right?


Sister Orton and I    

So funny story we're in a quad for the week(:    


P.P.S. THE CHRISTMAS VIDEO IS ALMOST HERE! HERE'S THE TEASER!!!!! AHHHHH!

AMAZING MIRACLE!!

A young man showed up at the temple is a suit and asked to be baptized. Yes, how amazing is that!! He had called ahead and put his name on the list to do baptisms because he heard that the temple is where you become a Mormon. The Lord truly had prepared him and he's going to be baptized on Saturday(: 

No comments:

Post a Comment