Wednesday, October 28, 2015

God Gives Us So Much Better Than we Deserve!!!


This week I had an experience with that. We were out knocking doors and we knocked into the 89 year old man. He told us that he was Atheist and no longer believed in a God. He went on to tell us his life story for maybe the next hour as we stood on his doorstep but the more we stood there the more I felt Heavenly Father's love for him. Even though this man no longer believed in God and had no desire to learn about Him again Heavenly Father loved him. I could feel it and the feeling was so strong! Before we left I quickly told him that even though he no longer believed in God, God still loved him and wanted him to know right then and there that he was loved. I don't know what happened or what the old man thought of me for saying that,but I hope it made a difference in his life at that very moment to know that he was loved. 

So for those of you that didn't know it was my brother Hayden's 16th birthday this Sunday (tell him happy birthday if you haven't already!!) and I was real sad I was missing being there with him on his big day. Well we had a dinner appointment with a member in the Bishopric on Sunday and when we arrived there were "Happy Birthday" signs up all around the house. Their daughter-in-law was coming over and it was her birthday earlier that week but they were celebrating it then. Wow I can't even tell you how much of a tender mercy that was for me. Even though I couldn't be at home singing happy birthday to Hayden I got to be in El Paso singing Happy Birthday to their daughter-in-law and celebrating her. For that to have lined us exactly how it did it could only have been through His hand that it would have happened. God truly does give us better than we deserve. 

AND IT WAS MISSIONARY MONDAY YESTERDAY!!! Twice a year around conference time the missionaries get to go to the temple. So we woke up bright and early and headed up to Albuquerque. Wow I can't explain how much I love love LOVE the temple! The second I walked in I was engulfed by the spirit and by my Heavenly Father and Savior's love. It truly is the house of the Lord. If you haven't gone recently make it a priority to go this week. It truly is a place to receive guidance and escape from the world's chaos and feel of His peace and love. 

I love this gospel with every fiber in my being. Each day I'm out serving I realize how much more I love this gospel. I think I tell my companion how much I love it at least 57 times a day. GOD GIVE US SO MUCH BETTER THAN WE DESERVE. Try to see his hand in your life daily.

FUN FACTS THAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK:
1. I broke out my winter coat when it hit 70 degrees haha  
2. Our Investigator that is getting baptized on November 7 took us out to eat and the cheapest thing on the menu was $50 
3. I found out what my favorite Elder's name is (I had to read his name tag haha) Elder Calvillo

OH AND IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE TALK "CAST NOT AWAY THEREFORE YOUR CONFIDENCE" STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW AND READ IT!!! It's by Elder Holland. Wow it's powerful. 

Love you all and sorry this is so long haha

-Sister Wade
Exodus 14:13-14
Matchy Matchy with Sister King




  
Elder Calvillo & I outside the temple

No comments:

Post a Comment